Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Results 31 to 32 of 32

Thread: OT: Who uses these oil caps?

  1. #31
    Senior Hostboard Member
    OT: Who uses these oil caps?


    Phil-G's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 1st, 2013
    Location
    restaurant at the end of the universe
    Posts
    1,661
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    43 Post(s)

    Re: OT: Who uses these oil caps?

    x2 on the crimp ring terminals.

    the picture of you guys fleeing sparky the spitting cobra would have been something to see.
    Sonic Barbarian

  2. #32
    Senior Hostboard Member BillWojo's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 18th, 2016
    Location
    Southern NJ
    Posts
    349
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)

    Re: OT: Who uses these oil caps?

    I was fortunate that when a machine tool control company shut down I was on the receiving end of a lot of stuff that was destined for the dumpster. I picked up a bunch of high end wire harness tools, several pairs of automatic wire stripper, zip tie tensioners and cutters, a box of Amp crimping tools, those things cost hundreds each! They perform way better than any of the cheap hand crimping tools that I have, once crimped, there is no way to pull them off.
    I also grabbed a bunch of spools of wire from 18AWG to 10AWG. I have used up most spools over the years but still have quite a bit of the 14, 10 and some 18 gauge remaining. MrLowOhms would be salivating over all the 10AWG that I have left. LOL
    This wire is all 600V rated stranded copper that was made by some of the top companies in the US. I looked at some of the sites and was shocked at what one 500 foot spool of this stuff cost. I should have grabbed more.
    At the time I was not into audio, my buddy was trying to give me spools of small gauge silver plated wire, telling me it was the shit for audio. Should have listened.....

    BillWojo

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
This forum has been viewed: 28131802 times.